We are looking to hire a Legal Counsel to join our growing team. In this role, you will be part of a 12-person legal and compliance team across the globe. As legal counsel based in Thailand, you will be part of the group legal team supporting over 7 licensed entities and our affiliated companies to provide legal support on a wide range of corporate legal matters. This includes drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial and vendor agreements, providing legal advice to stakeholders, and implementing corporate governance policies for the group. In this role, you may be interfacing with government authorities and external counsels.
Reporting to: Group Head of Legal and Compliance (and Senior Legal Counsel)
- providing accurate and timely counsel to stakeholders on a variety of legal topics
- Defining and enforcing internal governance policies so that the group's processes are in compliance with relevant laws
- creating and reviewing agreements, terms & conditions, privacy policies, and other legal documents.
- ensuring that all business contracts adhere to the laws and regulations (in particular where Thai law documents are concerned, with relevant Thai law and regulations)
- Managing disputes, pre-litigation, and litigation files;
- Liaising with a supervising external counsel for outsourced matters
- providing precise legal guidance on any issues that have an impact on the organization and liaising with third parties (e.g. regulators, external counsel) as required.
- Performing such other duties, functions, and services consistent with legal counsel status, experience, and preferences, as may from time to time be determined by the other members of the legal department or by Senior Management
- Assist in the management of all the group's corporate documents and identity documents relating to its stakeholder and directors
- You have a degree in law and professional legal qualification (i.e. having been admitted to the bar society or possess a lawyers license)
- You have 5-7 years of experience in general corporate and commercial issues working in-house or at a law firm.
- You have an incisive grasp of legal issues, as well as a learner mindset and capability to expand your knowledge in relevant areas of law.
- You have strong analytical skills, are meticulous, and a quick learner
- the ability to communicate in Thai and English (reading, writing, and speaking)
- You are a good team player and possess a high level of integrity
- Ability to function within a start-up environment ensuring documents and tasks can be turned around within set service levels.